Posted to alt.home.repair
Question[_2_] Question[_2_] is offline

Default Me again with the fridge problem

Hi all, my original post is below;

"I have a problem with my fridge, it is a side by side. The top half of both
sides are not cold, all the food in the top half of the freezer side is
thawed and only the stuff in the bottom half of the fridge side is cold.
Anyone know what could be causing this? Should I call someone in or just go
look for a new refrigerator? Thanks."

Since then I have pulled off the thin piece of metal that covers the cooling
coils(???) and defrosted the freezer. After putting it all back together the
fridge ran great until today, frost is forming again on the metal cover.
Both the fridge and freezer ran amazing since the defrost. Am I right to
assume the defrost timer is broken? Or could it be something else? Please
give me your opinions as I am very new and inexperienced in fixing things.
Thanks