Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] misterfoley@gmail.com is offline

Default Tool for removing wiring staples?

On May 31, 10:03*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On May 31, 11:32*pm, (bluechel)
wrote:

*:
I have never seen a better tool than this brand new staple puller called
the "Nail Hunter" *www.thenailhunter.com*Wild!

"Seen" being the operative word. *If you ever pulled a bunch of nails
you'd know that that tool has your wrist at an angle that is
guaranteed to cause you pain. *The tool requires you to flex your
wrist in a way that puts it under a lot of stress and provides little
involvement of your extensors and flexors. *It's a dumb tool.

Here's a "glowing" review of the tool - note the comments on carpal-
tunnel:http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/200..._hunter_review...

There's apparently one guy going around and blowing up about how great
this tool is - I'm guessing you're the same guy, so I'll address this
as if you're the designer.

You did good for a start, but you need to start to do two things to
refine the design and make it a tool that won't screw up your wrist.
Don't start with the typical plier design - it should have the head
rotated to an offset angle to minimize the stress on your wrist.
Unfortunately this will make it a tool that is tough for a left-hander
to use. *You'll figure that part out.

It's insane to have the arms spread so wide that it requires you to
have such a wide grip - there's no reason for it. *Small nails are ~.
0625" thick and fat nails ~.132", so there's only a limited grip range
you have to deal with. *If someone needs to remove a spike, they won't
be using your tool regardless of the grip range. *They'll use
something with longer leverage. *It's easier to apply force when your
hand is clenched into something closer to a fist than with the hand
more open. *Again, it's a trivial thing to fix.

Lastly, the site you are accessing Usenet from is a spammer. *They
only provide the service so they can get their advertising on hundreds
of posts. *You are being used. *There are any number of ways to get on
Usenet and many of them are free.

When you use Amazon to sell a tool, there is only one review, and you
give the tool five stars, it comes as no surprise that you are the guy
selling the tool. *See if you can get some more people to add stellar
reviews so people won't suspect that you're spamming.

I must admit, you are a VERY knowledgeable tool guy! I have spent a
lot of time trying to solve this annoying problem, and years alone on
the patent work. Yes, I'm just one man, and I am no spammer, and no
engineer; just a man with a very average to low income and a great
desire to bring true inventiveness and pride back to one of our
favorite things: hand tools! No battery, no compressor, just a
mousetrap! I am not blowing smoke or trying to make friends with
you, but I must tell you that your analysis is excellent, correct and
speaks of a very high level of expertise! I have made six major
design changes for the next version coming out soon. But I sure would
like you to try these two tools and if you would be so kind, to share
even more of your insight with me. Yes, I will probably be crushed by
one of the giants soon enough, or have to watch as I see knock offs
with the tiniest little design changes flood the market, but I believe
I am on to something really great! I invite you along for the ride!
Simply put, you gave some darn good analysis, and it is by no means a
common event out here, trust me!