Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Video inspection of sewer lines

On Jun 5, 10:25*am, RickMerrill
wrote:
BetaB4 wrote:
I have a sewer line that has been clogging up several times over the past 6
weeks or so, and I would like to be able to figure out exactly what's going
on. *I know one option is to pay someone to come out and do the video
inspection, ...

What makes you think that you can see through sewage? Video is
impractical because first you would have to flush the system with clear
water.

What you want is a sonar probe.

Industry standard is the Ridgid video.

But why? You will still have a clog that has to be fixed.

Try the "roto-router" approach and maybe you'll be lucky
and not have to dig up the whole thing.

A sewer line is rarely filled. The video camera snakes have bright
LED lights on the end. If you get to a point where you can't see
anything, you've found the blockage, right?