Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why can't electronics on new washers & dryers be tougher?

Circuit City treated me well, swapping out the bad battery.
Of course, Circuit City was then obliged to return a complete
"defective" unit, which is not the way things are supposed to
work!

No wonder they're out of business.

Circuit City is out of business for more-significant reasons than having
to pick up after a manufacturer's mess.

They're out of business because their staff was incompetant at every
level of the organization. That a low level stock jock thought it

reasonable
to return a phone as defective in order to swap out a battery was just
an indication. The clerk was incompetant. The manager who trained
him was incompetant. The regional management and HR who put that
manager in his position were incompetant. etc.

Although Circuit City had really lousy salespeople (because it fired
everyone and replaced them with lower-paid people), in this particular case
it was MANAGER who swapped out the battery. The unit had been purchased just
a few days previously, and I had the right to return it for any reason,
anyhow. He was trying to help a customer, and I was grateful. He "did the
right thing".