Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Stereotypes of "liberals" vs "conservatives"

On Jun 5, 10:35*pm, Steve Turner wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jun 5, 4:04 pm, Steve Turner wrote:
Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
* *"Hawke" writes:
Take one trait that is common among liberals; tolerance. This same trait is
not shared or highly regarded by conservatives. A trait they like a lot more
I must call bull**** on that one.
I find tolerance to be about equally practiced by liberals and
conservatives, though you may find it preached more frequently by
(political) liberals.
It is a trait I rarely see displayed by pundits of either side.
That's one of the reasons I said Hawke's post was a load of ****. *Most
of the most vehemently intolerant people I know are liberals. *Of
course, that depends on what your definition of "intolerant" is... *If
it's aimed in the right direction, it's somehow "justified".

I think there are "intolerant" people of both political persuasions.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

In my experience the conservatives are the ones who win the SOB Award.

You sound intolerant of conservatives.

But the OP noted...and I agree...that many of the postings we see here
are from conservatives ranting and stamping their feet about the
latest "injustice".

I normally steer completely clear of political discussions, and I try to
stay as neutral and open as possible, but every once in a while a
bull**** statement like that just gets my goat. *I've been in and out of
here (rec.woodworking, that is) many times over the last eight to ten
years, but for the past six months or so it's been regular enough to
form a fairly solid opinion of the current overall "climate". *My
10-second summary from a 50-foot view? *Both sides get a big charge out
of stirring up ****, but as soon as a debate starts up it's the liberals
who are so quick to shout insults and foam at the mouth, and that just
rubs me wrong (in a totally non-partisan way). *I don't know *what*
forum you're referring to when you say it's the conservatives who are
"ranting and stamping their feet", but it's not the same one I'm
reading. *Trust me, I'm just about the most impartial observer one could
hope to find, but if I was going to hand out a "calm and collected"
award it would go the conservatives, hands down.

Read the responses to this discussion...

I have, several times.

and note that the conservatives are the ones bitching.

I drew no such conclusion.

--
If it ain't perfect, improve it...
But don't break it while you're fixin' it!

You need to get out more...rec.woodworking is one of the more
civilized groups.

Cruise some of the other groups and you will see conservatives doing
as I said.

Try googling "Gunner" and be prepared for a year's worth of ranting.

There are many more.

TMT