Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Chicago politics

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I doubt if anyone here really knows the full game plan of this
administration. Long-time observers of the White House are repeatedly
remarking with surprise about how things keep unfolding in surprising and
very smart ways.

Smart? Suprising for sure. How the UAW got a head of bond holders, that was a suprise to
them.

Banks not being able to repay tarp funds and go on with their business, another suprise.

Talks of taxing employee provided health care as income is a suprise. On that one if they
expect the employer to pay half of the SSI and Medicare (cough cough mearly an illusion)
that is going to go over well. Raise someones income by 12K, hit them with federal income
tax indexing and that 14%+ combined SSI and Medicare tax which will be passed down in some
form and that isn't going to be a winner.

Now if they wanted to make the self employed able to get the same tax benefit that someone
with employeer provided insurance gets, that would be perfectly fine with me. Fair is
fair.

still waiting on signs of toughness.

Ask the Israelis. Their newspapers today pretty much concede that he's just
put Bibi into a sealed box. Bush, Clinton, Reagan...they all just folded
their hands rather than provoke the pro-Israel lobby.

With Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff, I'm supprised how this is going. I've heard he was
in the IDF but wiki said he was a civilian volunteer repairing military trucks. I need to
look more into that since it doesn't track with what I've read and heard.

Anyway, son of a Zionist, siding with a President that doesn't seem to be pro Israel, that
is an interesting item to keep my eye on.

Btw, the book came in. Too late to mail it out to you since the counter had closed. I'll
try to get it out to you Monday, I'm working tomorrow.

Wes