Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default crimping tools

Stephen coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hello,

I read the wiki section about crimping - very useful, thanks - and it
said to use a ratchet tool to ensure the quality of the crimp. I have
seen ratchet crimping tools that are colour coded for insulated crimps
but I wonder, what are you supposed to use for non-insulated crimps?
Is there a ratchet tool available for those, or do you have to use
those multipurpose wire stripping, bolt cropping, pliers?

Thanks,
Stephen.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/60547/...-mm-to-16sq-mm

are the ones I have - Davico are a decent make and the tool makes a very
convincing job of it.

HTH
Tim