Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default crimping tools

In article ,
Stephen wrote:

I read the wiki section about crimping - very useful, thanks - and it
said to use a ratchet tool to ensure the quality of the crimp. I have
seen ratchet crimping tools that are colour coded for insulated crimps
but I wonder, what are you supposed to use for non-insulated crimps?
Is there a ratchet tool available for those, or do you have to use
those multipurpose wire stripping, bolt cropping, pliers?

It really depends on what you mean by non insulated ones. There are
thousands of different crimps for various purposes.
If you mean the fairly standard car 1/4" etc spade connectors, I use the
PR3 one on the page below which does a super job. But economies of
production scale means it's much more expensive than a pre-insulated type.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.e...ninscrimps.php

--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.