Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default What will quickly remove Plasti-Dip?

fftt wrote:
On Jun 3, 10:30 pm, Doc wrote:
I've got a dishwasher rack that was covered with Plasti-Dip in a
misbegotten experiment to provide extra protection against corrosion.
I've been using citrus based paint remover and Scotch Brite pads to
remove it, which works after a fashion but is tedious and slow going.
Will anything remove it rapidly without damaging the factory coating
on the rack, which I assume to be some sort of epoxy?

I'm talking about this stuff

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

While I'm on the subject, is there anything you can think of in the
consumer market that could be applied to a dishwasher rack that will
hold up in that environment?

Thanks for all info

not the answer you're looking for but.....

instead of buying a new dishwasher rack or re-coating the old one, I
was lucky to find a newer model of my machine that was being junked
and I took the racks

craigslist

cheers
Bob

Bingo! If the DW in question is a common brand and not too old, OP
should cruise nearby apartment projects the first week of the month, and
look for dishwasher boxes in the dumpsters. Most large complexes get DWs
so cheap in bulk, that they treat them as disposable, and if it looks
ratty between tenants, or stops working any time, they just plug in a
new one and trash the old one without even trying to diagnose it. The
racks are usually fine. Note that there are only a few actual
manufacturers, and interchangeability is high.

--
aem sends...