Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

wrote

I think there are a lot of people who truly would offer help more but
don't have any confidence in their own ability...kind of "I'm no good"
thinking.

Quite true. My Mom didnt raise me that way. She said 'Carol, you can do
anything you set your mind to, if you study up on it'. She's right.

People used to tell my mom she was artistic and creative, and she would
get irritated at that because she didn't think she knew how to do anything
that everyone else could do if they tried ) I still have a little
bundle of newspaper clippings she started collecting as a teenager -
1920's - all sorts of "how to" stuff....build a bird house, order chicks
to raise, etc.

Neat thing to have!