Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - audio cable

On Jun 4, 2:58*pm, "ChairMan" wrote:
,
spewed forth:

On Jun 4, 1:29 pm, bud-- wrote:
I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio
cablehttp://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have
seen:http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

Obviously some people have more money than brains. * It's particularly
laughable that the short cable is for a digital interface, where the
only objective is to determine if the signal at any given instant is
high or low, ie it matters not a wit if it's 2.2V or 2.5V. *Also, many
of the digital transfer stds have error correction built in.

When I was recently buying a 52" LCD TV at Circuit City, the salesman
asked me if I needed an HDMI cable. * I told him I already had them.
He then lead me over to the Monster cable rack and explained to me
that this Sony TV has a 120Hz refresh rate, so unless I had an HDMI
cable capable of that, it wouldn't work. * *Of course HDMI is spec'd
and actually runs at several hundred Mhz and the cable has nothing to
do with the refresh rate of the screen. *I declined to purchase that
superb Monster cable that cost $135.

While I was there, I saw another salesman sell the Monster cables to
an older guy who just bought a 27" LCD TV. * *The cables were probably
1/3 the price of the TV.

Of course, I was lying when I said I had the cable. * I actually
picked it up on Ebay for $15

try mycablemart.com
great prices at 6.99 and up- Hide quoted text -

or monoprice.com