Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan ChairMan is offline

Default OT - audio cable

In ,
spewed forth:
On Jun 4, 1:29 pm, bud-- wrote:
I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio
cablehttp://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have
seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

Obviously some people have more money than brains. It's particularly
laughable that the short cable is for a digital interface, where the
only objective is to determine if the signal at any given instant is
high or low, ie it matters not a wit if it's 2.2V or 2.5V. Also, many
of the digital transfer stds have error correction built in.

When I was recently buying a 52" LCD TV at Circuit City, the salesman
asked me if I needed an HDMI cable. I told him I already had them.
He then lead me over to the Monster cable rack and explained to me
that this Sony TV has a 120Hz refresh rate, so unless I had an HDMI
cable capable of that, it wouldn't work. Of course HDMI is spec'd
and actually runs at several hundred Mhz and the cable has nothing to
do with the refresh rate of the screen. I declined to purchase that
superb Monster cable that cost $135.

While I was there, I saw another salesman sell the Monster cables to
an older guy who just bought a 27" LCD TV. The cables were probably
1/3 the price of the TV.

Of course, I was lying when I said I had the cable. I actually
picked it up on Ebay for $15

try mycablemart.com
great prices at 6.99 and up