Posted to alt.home.repair
Ryan P[_2_] Ryan P[_2_] is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant) now Katrena response

On 6/4/2009 12:19 PM, wrote:

DDT, for example... Was merely victimized by the environmentalist
organizations. Its not anywhere near as harmful as people believe. In
fact, the banning of DDT has led to a resurgence of malaria and other
pests (such as bed bugs)

Much more likely that the epidemic is caused by over-use of pesticides
(just as with antibiotics) and too many people sleeping with people they
don't know very well.

Ask any exterminator that's been in the business for a long time, who
can remember using DDT. DDT was more effective at controlling pests.
The US even urges countries with malaria problems to use it.

Of course, it needs to be used properly. When used properly, its not
an evil scourge any more than carbon dioxide is a "hazardous gas."

Worker compensation is another item I don't think government should be
involved in. Government should make sure companies aren't employing
children 90 hours a week running heavy machinery, not saying that
everyone MUST be paid a minimum wage.

NOTHING would improve the economy as much as trashing the whole W.C.
system in all 50 states. It is a horrible waste for physicians,
employers, insurance companies and a lot of workers. Folks are robbed
in the workplace, before they see their checks, because of the fraud and
abuse of W.C. I've watched some great videos of "disabled" people.

Agreed. In fact, let's add a trashing and reforming of all the
disability systems. I know of people who are perfectly capable of
working who are collecting SSI disability, at the same time as other
people who ARE legitimately unable to work full time that "don't qualify."

Blackwater is hired by governments for the sole reason that they are
cheaper to pay for than actual soldiers. Another admission that
government simply CAN'T do anything as cost-efficiently as the private
sector.

Nobody knows that - Blackwater doesn't keep books.

Blackwater is given a bulk contract. We know how much money we give
them, and what benefit (or liability) we get from them. It should be
relatively easy to weigh that against the cost of having military units
(and all the associate support costs that go along with a deployment)
doing the same work.