Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

Ryan P wrote in
:

On 6/4/2009 7:28 AM, dgk wrote:

Our founding fathers were so afraid of the power of corporations that
they put very strong limits on them. Remember, they were on the
receiving end of the power of the first corporations. Essentially,
corporations could only exist for a single purpose, for a specific
period of time, and had to act in the public interest. Then they were
dissolved. Check out
http://www.reclaimdemocracy.org/corp.../history_corpo
rations_us.html for details.

Interesting spin... However, the founding fathers were terrified of
government, which is why they developed the checks and balances
system, and placed strict limitations on what each branch of
government could or could not do. Hell, they even set up the first
system of government so that the Federal branch had virtually no power
over the individual states... something I think we should move back
towards a bit. What's good for people in California is not
necessarily good for people in Wisconsin.

The American Revolution occurred because King George (government)
treated the colonies solely as a revenue source for Britain. This is
how the US government is treating its citizens today.

If you read the writings of the founding fathers, you would
certainly
come to the conclusion that they would be appalled at what the US
government has become... a nanny state.

Heh,WHAT "strong limits" did the -Founding Fathers- put on corporations?

In what document?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik