Posted to alt.home.repair
Ryan P[_2_] Ryan P[_2_] is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant) now Katrena response

On 6/4/2009 9:55 AM, wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I am in much greater need of protection FROM GOVERNMENT than
I am protection from corporations.

Nice to think so, but what about:
drugs causing birth defects or disease
restaurants with dirt and vermin
unfunded pensions
job discrimination
no pay for overtime
exposure to toxic or carcinogenic stuff at work, school
hazardous waste in yer water supply
ddt in your food or water
someone with aids donates blood
your local hospital is scamming you, your insurance company and govt. (I
worked for such a corp.)
organ donors from unregulated sources (they sell 'em in Asia)
mercury in your fish

Some of those mentioned above are common-sense public-safety items I
don't have any quarrel with. Others are nanny-state items.

DDT, for example... Was merely victimized by the environmentalist
organizations. Its not anywhere near as harmful as people believe. In
fact, the banning of DDT has led to a resurgence of malaria and other
pests (such as bed bugs)

Worker compensation is another item I don't think government should be
involved in. Government should make sure companies aren't employing
children 90 hours a week running heavy machinery, not saying that
everyone MUST be paid a minimum wage.

Please give me a couple examples of corporate armies.

Blackwater? Got privatized medical care in jails in Florida.

Blackwater is hired by governments for the sole reason that they are
cheaper to pay for than actual soldiers. Another admission that
government simply CAN'T do anything as cost-efficiently as the private
sector.