Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant) now Katrena response

Stormin Mormon wrote:
As I remember, Hurricane Katrena. The churches,
corporations, Red Cross, etc. Tried to go to the aid of the
people in New Orleans. FEMA blocked and prevented them at
every turn. I remember listening to the radio in Rochester
NY. The fire department of Rochester had some rescue
equipment. They were about to leave, and someone from FEMA
called, and told them not to come.

I guess you didn't agree with what I wrote earlier. If
consumers don't like a corporation, they don't have to buy

For certain critical needs, there is often no choice (pharm., medical
or surgical devices)

there. I disagree that the only protection is government.
The protection is consumers deciding where to spend their
money.

I am in much greater need of protection FROM GOVERNMENT than
I am protection from corporations.

Nice to think so, but what about:
drugs causing birth defects or disease
restaurants with dirt and vermin
unfunded pensions
job discrimination
no pay for overtime
exposure to toxic or carcinogenic stuff at work, school
hazardous waste in yer water supply
ddt in your food or water
someone with aids donates blood
your local hospital is scamming you, your insurance company and govt. (I
worked for such a corp.)
organ donors from unregulated sources (they sell 'em in Asia)
mercury in your fish

Please give me a couple examples of corporate armies.

Blackwater? Got privatized medical care in jails in Florida.