Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

aemeijers wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote:
(snip)
No,because many of the component parts also are manufactured right in
the US. Honda has an engine plant in Ohio.ISTR one other major
"import" also making their motors in the US.

OTOH,many "US" autos and their assemblies are made in Canada and
Mexico,by foreigners.

Eh, I can't really regard our northern friends as foreigners.

yes,they are.
They don't pay US taxes on their salaries,nor contribute to SS,they don't
spend their salaries in the US,they don't vote here and they don't live
here.
WE get no benefit from them constructing autos in Canada,or Mexico.

More
like the strait-laced sibling living down the street from Ma'n'Pa that
you still keep in touch with, even though you have been written out of
the will because you went and got all those tattoos.

--
aem sends...

--
Jim Yanik