Posted to alt.home.repair
Ryan P[_2_] Ryan P[_2_] is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

On 6/4/2009 7:28 AM, dgk wrote:

Our founding fathers were so afraid of the power of corporations that
they put very strong limits on them. Remember, they were on the
receiving end of the power of the first corporations. Essentially,
corporations could only exist for a single purpose, for a specific
period of time, and had to act in the public interest. Then they were
dissolved. Check out
http://www.reclaimdemocracy.org/corp...ations_us.html
for details.

Interesting spin... However, the founding fathers were terrified of
government, which is why they developed the checks and balances system,
and placed strict limitations on what each branch of government could or
could not do. Hell, they even set up the first system of government so
that the Federal branch had virtually no power over the individual
states... something I think we should move back towards a bit. What's
good for people in California is not necessarily good for people in
Wisconsin.

The American Revolution occurred because King George (government)
treated the colonies solely as a revenue source for Britain. This is
how the US government is treating its citizens today.

If you read the writings of the founding fathers, you would certainly
come to the conclusion that they would be appalled at what the US
government has become... a nanny state.