Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default Suspending an outlet from the ceiling

On Jun 3, 8:52*am, Phisherman wrote:
I have electrical boxes on my ceiling, very convenient. *They are
attached to the joists. *I'm 5'11" and can reach them easily when
standing on my tip toes. *There are retractable extension cord holders
you can plug into the outlets. *Another option is to fasten a 2x4 to
the joist and fasten an electical box to that. * I would not have a
permanent outlet dangling (moving back and forth) though.- Hide quoted text -

They are very common in labs, manufacturing, and machine shops.