Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 09:08:15 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
dgk wrote:

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:08:47 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Change you can believe in. Fast track to government take
over.

I believe in my government - I own part of it. I have no faith in
corporations that exist only to enrich themselves. Given the choice,
and that is the choice, I'll take the government.

Sorry you don't believe in our government. Perhaps you'd be happier
somewhere else.

How about governments (or at least legislatures) who exist only to
enrich themselves. Think buildings, roads, etc., named after them,
campaign and other contributions, power and other enrichments. At least
with public corporations I have the opportunity (through stock ownership
and dividends) to siphon off some of that enrichment.
I always thought the America Love it or Leave it campaign was
stupid, nothing changed my mind here.

I always hated the love it or leave it thing myself and laughed when I
wrote that. It's just always used against me. If everyone who thought
differently than me left, who would I argue with?