Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default foam for edge of flapper door

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 03:26:54 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 22:51:57 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

I'm looking for some sort of foam or sheet rubber material about 0.09
inches thick to use as replacement for the original foam edge seal for
a car AC duct flapper door. The original is a piece of foam shaped
like an oval, about 3x5 inches and it's sandwiched between two sheets
of metal that leave about 3/8" of foam sticking out. It has to be
soft enough to conform when the door closes but strong enough to hold
up for years of cycles. I've been googling but have not been able to
find anything that seems suitable.

Thanks for the suggestions but to clarify, it's not just a piece of
foam around the edge, it's a oval sheet of foam sandwiched between to
steel plates and the whole thing forms the duct door that rotates
ninety degrees to open and close.

Dealer or junkyard, and get the actual correct part? Or dealer to get
the part number, and searching online?

It's for a 69 Pontiac. I don't think they still make the part. The
old one is still usable but I was hoping to freshen it up while things
are apart.