Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem
Doc Doc is offline

Default What will quickly remove Plasti-Dip?

I've got a dishwasher rack that was covered with Plasti-Dip in a
misbegotten experiment to provide extra protection against corrosion.
I've been using citrus based paint remover and Scotch Brite pads to
remove it, which works after a fashion but is tedious and slow going.
Will anything remove it rapidly without damaging the factory coating
on the rack, which I assume to be some sort of epoxy?

I'm talking about this stuff

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

While I'm on the subject, is there anything you can think of in the
consumer market that could be applied to a dishwasher rack that will
hold up in that environment?

Thanks for all info