Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Allan Allan is offline

Default Thin kerf hole saw?

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 01:43:49 GMT, "Artemus"
wrote:

I haven't seen one in better than 30 years but there used to be
a hole saw that you could bend and insert a piece of a hacksaw
blade into it and lock it in with a setscrew. I didn't find one
by googling but look at the pic here
http://www.madeinchina.com/2596137/S...ole-Saws.shtml
It looked similar to the rightmost one.
Maybe someone else will remember it's name.
Art

I think I've seen something like that but can't remember...

My idea was to insert a length of metal cutting blade the right
length to form a circle inside another "normal/usual" hole saw
with the teeth 3/4" outside. Tack weld it a few places.