Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_2_] Artemus[_2_] is offline

Default Thin kerf hole saw?

I haven't seen one in better than 30 years but there used to be
a hole saw that you could bend and insert a piece of a hacksaw
blade into it and lock it in with a setscrew. I didn't find one
by googling but look at the pic here
http://www.madeinchina.com/2596137/S...ole-Saws.shtml
It looked similar to the rightmost one.
Maybe someone else will remember it's name.
Art

"Allan" wrote in message
I want to cut round clean-out doors in my birdhouses and wish
there was a hole saw with a very thin kerf, like a metal bandsaw
blade (.035" thick).

All the hole saws I can buy have about .100" kerfs, which is too
much to "fudge". Cut with a band saw works well, but, it's not a
central hole.

Even have the idea to try to make one from a 1 1/16" wide metal
band saw I have... I'd gently feed it in a drill press.

Al