Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default trickle ventilation in toilet - no outside walls

Hugo Nebula wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 12:04:17 -0700 (PDT), a certain chimpanzee,
sm_jamieson randomly hit a keyboard and
produced:

I am putting in a small cloakroom style toilet room with WC and basin.
Extractor fan via kitchen to outside. Purge ventilation via hallway
and front door.
But, how can you provide trickle ventilation in this situation ?

When you say, "extractor fan via kitchen", you do mean through a duct
to the outside I hope? Similarly, purge ventilation has to be directly
to the outside, not via a hall.

Er no, that bit doesnt.
If it means what I think it does.

If you have a windowless WC, you need a 6 litres/sec fan to the
outside with a 15 minute over-run.

Something along those lines, and that's just to meet regulations. Now
when the cats crap in it...