Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Installing Drywall on Ceiling

On Jun 2, 11:35*am, "SteveBell" wrote:
Thanks for the reply. *The heads on the screws seem to be so small.
Won't the drywall just push down over them given time? *How far apart
should the screws be in the 2x4 they will be screwed into?

The ceilings I've seen professionally installed seem to be spaced every
12 to 18 inches. I put them every six to eight inches on the ceiling,
but I like to over-do. Drywall screws are cheap.

12 to 18 inches on a ceiling...? That's not a professional
installation even if they were licensed and paid for the job.

USG's sag resistant 1/2" ceiling panels can have screws 12" on center,
but standard 1/2" drywall is usually 6" to 8" on center. You're not
overdoing it, you're doing it just right.