Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Transferring text/pics to a bowl or pen

In article , Kevin wrote:
I THINK I saw something on this site quite sometime back about using a laserjet printer
to transfer images/text from paper to a turning. The process was to type or print what you
want on paper and then using an iron transfer the contents of the page to the turning.
Now one would have to diddle with MS Word, Word Perfect or whatever software is used to
have the text printed out in reverse so the transfer would be legible on the turning. I wonder
about the transferring process and if it would work; using a warm iron.

Works just fine. I made baseball bats for my kids a few years ago, and that's
how I applied the "trademarks". Rather than trying to do this with a
word-processing program, you'll probably find that it's much easier using a
graphics package such as Corel Draw.

Note that you can still do this, even if you don't have a laser printer
available to you: print the design out on an inkjet printer, then photocopy
it and use the copy.