Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
Jim Yanik wrote:

Heh,these days,$800 is NOT a "top of the line" table saw.
also,a $99 table saws will not give an accurate cut.

Maybe. My definition or "accurate" is "good enough for its intended
purpose."

A $99 saw WILL give an accurate cut. Precision is, however, another
matter. Here's the difference:

"The moon is 240,000 miles from the earth" is an accurate statement,
though not very precise.

"The moon is, at this instant, 238,857.7002 miles from the earth" is a
precise statement - and also accurate.

Now I bought a $99 table saw for the express purpose of ripping laminate
to make the stuff fit the width of the floor. The saw was accurate to at
least 1/4", which was all the precision I required.

I've since used the saw for all manner of worthwhile projects: Cutting
junk into pieces big enough to fit in the garbage can, putting points on
tomato stakes, trimming fence boards to fit around a tree, etc. I assure
you, it was accurate enough for all those endeavors.

Well said...Some don't understand the difference between homeowner use and
cabinette making....LOL...