Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Basil Karlo Basil Karlo is offline

Default Is this a Crapsman . . or what

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Jun 2, 2:19 pm, wrote:
On Jun 1, 12:12 pm, "Robert Swinney" wrote:

Lately, I've been visiting a prospective acquisition at the local
Sears. Their 10 Inch portable
bench saw looks good. Any comments, or etc?

Bob Swinney

This is what I
have:http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...Name=Tools&key...

I didn't get it from Sears, though, we have a big Dewalt dealer in
town, what I got was a factory refurb for about half list price. I've
ripped miles of slats on it and cross-cut tons of plywood and pine
crate ends with it. I also bought the optional telescoping table
extensions for fore and aft and sideways. It's been a really good
tool. They now have a wheeled stand like some of the Jap saws do. It
doesn't hurt tha the regional repair center is about a mile down the
road, either.

Before that, in my poor and apartment-dwelling days, I built a
collapsible saw table. Had hinged sides that split at opposite
corners to take down and about a 3' square top made out of masonite
and plywood, oiled and waxed. Saw power supplied by a Skil worm drive
upside-down. I used the hell out of that, too. The works folded down
into a bundle about 4" thick and wasn't that slow to set up. It all
sat on top of the B&D Workmate. It's amazing what you can accomplish
with such a primitive setup.

Stan

Stan..do you have a picture on line showing that collapsible saw
table?

No, he has pictures of your two mothers having a party with their dildo and
you watching from behind the sofa. Sicko.

Sounds like something I threw together years ago when I was in the
apartment phase too.

You are right...it is amazing what you can accomplish with so little.

It would seem that we forget that at times.

TMT