Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default About to become a *true* DIYer ...

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bob Mannix wrote:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 1 June, 18:57, wrote:

If youre fearful of other power tools, an AG will
scare you silly.
You haven't met my other power tools... 8-)

Quite. Actually I would rate the circular saw and the electric planer as
better aids to concentration (fear would be too strong a word) even
though the AG was the only one that got me (so far).

[snip]

I've never had a power planer 'bite' despite intensive use.

Its when you put it down before its spun down..

Same goes for hand held routers.

Far more dangerous IMHO than those built in to tables..

Provided you
keep your hands on the handles don't see how it could. I have much more
respect for a circular saw - and only ever use mine with the work on the
floor (suitably spaced off it) and invariably with a clamped on guide to
work to. But I have a bench compound mitre sliding saw which means the
hand held one isn't so much used as once.

at least they have spring loaded guards, which routers and planers dont.