Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

On Jun 2, 8:56*am, "
wrote:

Well, there is "cheap" and there is economical. *I furnished much of my
first home with second-hand....country auctions and one delightful dive
of an auction barn. *Could buy a box of "junk" for fifty cents, and it
might have ten dollars worth of cookie sheets and cake pans. *A few
slightly scarred but sturdy antiques....stayed at the auction barn until
4 am one night to buy a $2 library table. *Cheap entertainment.

I was at a garage sale this weekend, several in fact, and one had a
box with kitchen odds and ends - anything it was 10 cents. I picked
up one thing that caught my eye, the lady asked me if I had a dime
since she didn't have any change, and I didn't. "Just take it", she
says. So I did. Got home a quick Google to see what I had, and was
surprised to find this:
http://www.thekitchenstore.com/023321073348.html

Other places have it cheaper, $70 or so, but who would pay that much
for a very small pepper mill?!

Anyway, I'm not arguing and the thing is pretty cool looking.