Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] sm_jamieson@hotmail.com is offline

Default trickle ventilation in toilet - no outside walls

On 2 June, 09:08, Tim S wrote:
The Natural Philosopher coughed up some electrons that declared:

Yes. But its catered for simply by having a a 'leaky' door There is some
building regs figure for vents in doors and suchlike that covers this
case.

Vents as opposed to the natural gap under the door? Personally I wasn't
going to bother - the doors on mine will be leaky enough without any extra
help.

Cheers

Tim

I had assumed gaps under doors would be sufficient. Its a bit weird
with a toilet, as noise insulation regs and trickle vent regs are in
conflict.
I'll put some general statement on the spec as "blah blah will be
provided", and then do nothing and see if BCO says anything. I wonder
it trickle vent could be supplied via the extractor fan route. I
reckon there would be some leakage there anyway, surely ?
Simon.