Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Man... $7K for a LAWNMOWER? heck, the Fabulous BeaterPorsche didn't cost
that much money, and it got me to work and back every day for years. (now
in semi-retirement as I have a company car.) I don't think I've ever paid
that much for anything in my life, save for one new car and my house.

Oh, and if you count up parts, labor, etc. I've probably got more than
that in my project car. But I don't like to think about that.

I need a lawnmower, I look to Craigslist. It's just a lawnmower.

Am I a cheap *******?

nate

Yes you are. Do not get the used stuff, buy new and help the economy. Just
kidding...

I have done the same myself in the past. Bought a $ 500 truck as an extra
vehicle (wanted a truck, but had 2 cars). Kept the last car from 1991 to
2007. In my case it is a ballance of what I need and what I want. That car
got me to work and back and I did have another car with low milage to take
on trips. I have several hobbies that can cost a good bit and I don't need
the $ 7K law mower to show off with. Some people just don't have anything
beter to spend money on and want to show off.