Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"L. Guteireze" wrote in message
.

He actually bragged he paid $7k for this thing. Our lots are about 1/2
acre, 90x200. Consider the houses, garages, sheds, decks, flower beds, and
driveways take up a big portion of that.

Ok on the $ 7,000. I did a quick lookup on them before I said $ 5 K and up.
Think they start around $ 5 K and then go up.

I used to live on a lot about that size. He should be able to cut the stuff
in notime with that mower. I had a 36 inch cut Murry and hated it because
it only had 3 speeds. Top gear was too fast and middle gear was too slow.
No use at all for the 1st gear. It did hold up for a good number of years.
When I moved to a place with 3 acres (mowing about 1.5 ) I bought a John
Deere with the hydrostatic drive. Much beter. Would like the zero turn,but
did not want to put out the price.

Man... $7K for a LAWNMOWER? heck, the Fabulous BeaterPorsche didn't
cost that much money, and it got me to work and back every day for
years. (now in semi-retirement as I have a company car.) I don't think
I've ever paid that much for anything in my life, save for one new car
and my house.

Oh, and if you count up parts, labor, etc. I've probably got more than
that in my project car. But I don't like to think about that.

I need a lawnmower, I look to Craigslist. It's just a lawnmower.

Am I a cheap *******?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.