Posted to rec.woodworking
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Sears Lathe Question

In article , phorbin1
@yahoo.com says...
In article ,
says...
Thanks to everyone who has responded. I have checked all the
suggested sites. I haven't found anything that has matched.

I emailed Sears directly to see if they had any information. After
half a dozen frustrating emails the closest they could find in their
database was 101.28950 where I was looking for 28955. Their model
number was for a 12" Craftsman Metal lathe made by Clausing Corp
Services. It seems that they are now Atlas.

The writing on the lathe is both in English and French. Would that
make a difference as to who made it?

Is it Canadian manufacture or just marketed in Canada?

Either way, there may be a different numbering system for Canada.

Why not post a picture of the unit along with all the identifying marks
somewhere and ask people to have a look.

Antique Atlas owners could probably tell you whether your craftsman was
in that lineage.

You may find some of them at

Whoops... I think you said before craftsman... Are you sure?

The Craftsman brand goes back to 1927.