Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default About to become a *true* DIYer ...

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 1 June, 16:32, "Bob Mannix" wrote:

There are companies that make disks for gouging wood, I'd keep well
away
from them, since they also look good for gouging flesh.

Metal cutting/grinding disks also good for grinding flesh. I know first
hand
(

Grinding disks are only a fraction of the flesh-chomping hazard that
carving disks are.

Do the experiment - next time you have a barbecue, stick a few spare
sausages into an old welding glove and have a go at it with both sorts
of disk. Plasma cutters are relatively benign for this, wire brushes
are worse than grinding disks (they tear the leather rather than
scorching it) but carving disks go straight through both glove and
sausage / finger. I haven't tried them on chainsaw trousers, as I
can't afford to damage those.

Jeez, Barbecues sound a hoot round your place )

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)