Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"L. Guteireze" wrote in message
Now my lawnmower recently died. This guy bought a new Scag zero turn this
year. He seen my brother bring over his mower for me to use. The guy
walked over, said I should have asked him, for he would cut my yard for a
mere $30 a pop. I was totally stunned, he would even suggest he would
charge me. The fella doesn't cut grass for a living, this is his toy, and
I know it was expensive, but geez. Not only that, several people in the
neighborhood have different companies cut their yards for $20, and all
these lots are similar in size.

Am I getting a taste of the "me" generation?

I know, I should just get over it.

It may be the me generation.

What I want to know is how big is the lot the grass needs to be cut for a
guy to have a Scag and at the same time you can get it cut for $ 20 ? At
around $ 5,000 plus for the Scag I would pay the $ 20 to get the grass
mowed.

My bet the same logic that people who need a 5 ton fluffed up truck to
transport themselves and a large beverage around was used. There is
someone a few doors down from us who bought a megamower for a small lawn.