Posted to alt.home.repair
L. Guteireze L. Guteireze is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

"L. Guteireze" wrote in message
Now my lawnmower recently died. This guy bought a new Scag zero turn
this year. He seen my brother bring over his mower for me to use. The
guy walked over, said I should have asked him, for he would cut my yard
for a mere $30 a pop. I was totally stunned, he would even suggest he
would charge me. The fella doesn't cut grass for a living, this is his
toy, and I know it was expensive, but geez. Not only that, several
people in the neighborhood have different companies cut their yards for
$20, and all these lots are similar in size.

Am I getting a taste of the "me" generation?

I know, I should just get over it.

It may be the me generation.

What I want to know is how big is the lot the grass needs to be cut for a
guy to have a Scag and at the same time you can get it cut for $ 20 ?
At around $ 5,000 plus for the Scag I would pay the $ 20 to get the grass
mowed.

He actually bragged he paid $7k for this thing. Our lots are about 1/2
acre, 90x200. Consider the houses, garages, sheds, decks, flower beds, and
driveways take up a big portion of that.