Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT Neighbor (rant)

clipped

Am I getting a taste of the "me" generation?

I know, I should just get over it.

Not a specific generation, AFAIK. My three grandsons have far
better manners than most of my neighbors ...

My hubby was "building manager" in our condo for four years or more.
Just in major tasks, I estimated the two of us spent well over 3,000
hours in those four years....not counting fixing broken concrete steps,
patching busted stucco, searching for buried irrigation controllers,
repairing outdoor lights...full time for weeks at a time on major
projects for grand sum of $80/month. In spare time, we unclogged
toilets, taught one neighbor to use a computer for the book he was
writing and LOANED HIM THE FREAKING LAPTOP COMPUTER, babysat, helped
remove debris from major remodels, helped install couple of water
heaters, replaced deck boards on dock, etc, etc, etc. The guy writing
the book never replaced my husband's batt. op. screwdriver he dropped in
the channel. I'm still waiting for someone to do me a favor, although I
haven't asked. Been tempted to set myself on fire to see if any of them
bother to p--- on me)

Oh, and I forgot rides to airports and a lousy bag of cookies and peanut
brittle hung on their doorknobs at Christmas time. And calling the cops
when their spouses slap them around. Hubby's muscle always requested by
the neighbor women who are too independent to live with a man )

Want to buy a condo? Three for sale, two of the owners pretty desperate
) What goes around.........