Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default "Popcorn" paint

Lou, I guess it's just too humid there. The popcorn and the tape
don't stay well. My dad is at Top of the World and I redid the
patio and front porch tape that had let go with thermal setting
drywall mud. It has held up well for over 6 years.

His garage lost the popcorn and much of the drywall tape. I
removed the popcorn, ran an upside down base mold around the
ceiling line rather than retape the wall ceiling perimeter and
used the thermal again on the joints. Looks good and is holding
up well for at least 2 years.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"LouB" wrote in message
I live in The Villages in Florida.
Friend has ceiling of her garage painted with "popcorn".
House is 9 years old. some of the paint is coming off, but there
is no sign of water damage of any kind. Anyone have experience
with this stuff?

Lou