Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Suspending an outlet from the ceiling

So what's the proper way to suspend an outlet from the ceiling?

This would be in a commercial shop. What I gather so far is that a guy
would want to use the following:

o Metal box securely anchored to joist/beam/etc.
o Guy at the electrical supply house I called said to use SO cord
o Seems I need something like a "Kellum grip" at the top as a strain relief
o Standard large round female receptacle at the bottom

Some installations use quad boxes, but a single outlet will be enough here.

I'm not clear on the anchorage at the top. It seems something like
what's described here would be what's wanted:
http://www.woodhead.com/templatefile...rent_flag=true

So does the Kellum grip (or Woodhead's Max Loc) include a braid that
runs the entire length of the cord? or just at the top? how far down? I
think I've seen that arrangement before, with a cord run in a metal
braid for support.