Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears Lathe Question

On 6/1/2009 1:20 PM spake thus:

So how, exactly, is that mish-mosh of results supposed to help the OP?

That "mish mosh" was simply an example of what the OP could easily
have found to answer his question in the first place.

Could have easily answered *nothing*. There wasn't one single link in
that bunch that addressed his lather (a Sears).

Its one thing to bring a serious query to the group after researching
and finding a dearth of information or conflicting information and
quite another to use an OP here to substitute for a little personal
effort and responsibility.

Maybe.

A couple of people suggested the Old Woodworking Machines (OWWM) site.
While it is an interesting and useful site, it has ABSOLUTELY NO
information on his specific make of lathe (I searched it), so even that
was not very good advice.

Like I've told others he if you can't help someone, then it's best to
just STFU.