Posted to alt.home.repair
RickMerrill RickMerrill is offline

Default wiring problem/question

rangerssuck wrote:
On May 31, 11:45 pm, Jud McCranie
wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2009 23:10:48 -0400, Jud McCranie

wrote:
reconnect everything back tiogether the way it was originally and see
if the outlets work.
I did that, an no they don't. I suspected a ground-fault switch, ...

Whoops, I found a different main breaker that was off that controlled
what wasn't working.

So now I'm not sure which of the two breakers controls the fans
(perhaps one for each).

I have an AC/DC meter, but I don't know how to test for AC with it.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Not for nothing, but if you don't know how to measure an AC voltage
with a meter, you probably shouldn't be messing with your house
wiring. Fire and electrocution can be pretty ugly.

Gee, electrocution seems like a pretty stiff penalty for doing
un-certifed work on your home wiring.

oh ...