Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default How should I paint my roof white?

On May 29, 8:09*pm, Guy Dawson wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:
On May 29, 8:37 am, "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname here.me.uk
wrote:
"Guy Dawson" wrote in message

Rather than doing nothing and waiting for the perfect solution we can
still do something useful...
However, painting our roofs white is not doing something useful. We would
need to cover a lot more of the planet with cities before their colour
became significant.

Colin Bignell.

But it might help reduce the heat island effect in existing cities.

That too.

At least then we can get realistic measurements of temperature trends.

Temperature readings are taken in lots of places other than cities. That's
partly how we know about the heat island effect.

Yeh, it's also why a lot of readings cannot be trusted as they don't
come with data on how the local environment has changed over the
years.

MBQ