Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing Motion Sensor Floor Light

"ransley" wrote in message
On May 31, 10:06 pm, Dwight wrote:
I have a tool shed at our cabin which has been broken into twice.

There is an alarm to scare off folks after they break in, and that has
been successful, but I would like to add a motion sensor flood light,
and also perhaps a fake security camera, in order to warn people off
before they break up the door.

Problem: there is a tree overhead with branches which move in the wind.
I have trimmed the tree up to about 12 feet.

Can I focus the range of the motion sensor so that the moving branches
do not set it off?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight Gibb

X10 has wireless sensors and motion sensors that can be made to turn
on multiple lights. Have wireless sensors low under branches or on the
shed turning on how ever many lights you want. I use them, as an
example one sensor in my garage turns on lights in garage, outside
garage, on house and in house , all wirelessly. Set it up so a theif
gets hit with alot of light from many areas. X10 wireless sensors are
about half the size of a pack of cigarettes, so they are not seen
easily.

*You reminded me that Leviton has wireless motion sensors also.