Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing Motion Sensor Floor Light

"Dwight" wrote in message
m...
I have a tool shed at our cabin which has been broken into twice.

There is an alarm to scare off folks after they break in, and that has
been successful, but I would like to add a motion sensor flood light, and
also perhaps a fake security camera, in order to warn people off before
they break up the door.

Problem: there is a tree overhead with branches which move in the wind. I
have trimmed the tree up to about 12 feet.

Can I focus the range of the motion sensor so that the moving branches do
not set it off?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight Gibb

*You can aim the sensor according to your needs and some of the better
models have a sensitivity adjustment. It is also possible to mount a motion
sensor remotely from the lights being controlled.