Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Installing Motion Sensor Floor Light

Dwight wrote:
I have a tool shed at our cabin which has been broken into twice.

There is an alarm to scare off folks after they break in, and that has
been successful, but I would like to add a motion sensor flood light,
and also perhaps a fake security camera, in order to warn people off
before they break up the door.

Problem: there is a tree overhead with branches which move in the wind.
I have trimmed the tree up to about 12 feet.

Can I focus the range of the motion sensor so that the moving branches
do not set it off?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight Gibb

Hi,