Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Identify lawn weeds

Master Tang wrote:

I get something like the 2nd one in my backyard garden. Very easy to
pull up. Why use poisons?

Clover is very easy to just pull up too. If it's in your lawn just weed
it, let the yard take over. Just use common sense.

Instead of herbicides, use compost and feed your lawn so the weeds don't
have any place to grow.

In a third of an acre lawn, my back just isn't up to weeding it by hand as
I might do in a small garden. Also, some of the weeds that I have, among
them Wild Violet, pulling them up is all but impossible.

What I am doing to minimize chemical use is spraying with a two gallon
hand pump sprayer. That way I spray the weeds only, rather than the easier
way of using a garden hose attached broadcast sprayer to soak the whole
lawn.

--
Tony Sivori