Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_] Percival P. Cassidy[_2_] is offline

Default Soaker hoses?

On 05/31/09 12:12 am Doug Brown wrote:

Any recommendations for a soaker hose? Last year we bought a
sprinkler/soaker hose -- don't recall the brand -- at Lowe's. but toward
the end of the season it was spurting water from a split in the side near
the feed end. This year I cut off the part with the split and attached a
new connector. No there is a new split from which water gushes.

Are soaker hoses fundamentally unsatisfactory, or are there some durable
ones around?

As I understand it, soaker hoses and sprinller hose do two separate things.

You may wish to look here;

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,2280,33160

The one we had was described as both: it is porous but also has "squirt
holes" along one side (designated by a colored stripe). If you want to
soak, lay the hose stripe down; for sprinkling, lay it stripe up.

Perce