Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie[_2_] Jud McCranie[_2_] is offline

Default Strance A/C problem

On 29 May 2009 20:55:36 GMT, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

Probably, but I'd still be concerned about what is turning them on.
If it is a damaged defrost control as I previously suggested it might
return to its behavior of shutting off the outside fan.

Until I can have it checked out, can the heat strips be disconnected
at the thermostat? Does the defrost controller tell the thermostat to
turn on the heat strips? Last year the repairman said that the
thermostat was calling for aux heat. It could have been the defrost
controller telling the thermostat to do that?
--
Replace you know what by j to email